Last Updated on
This spiced turkey roast recipe makes a delicious main dish that is not quite traditional but is very delicious. It will amply serve up to four people and could serve six. It is very easy to prepare and will allow you time to visit with your Thanksgiving guests.
Buy a boneless turkey roast from the store or meat market to be the foundation of this delicious meal. Some of our nationally known turkey providers offer these boneless roasts. You may choose all white meat or a roast that has the best of both worlds with white and dark meat combined. Often they come frozen, so thaw your roast before you season it.
This attractive dish is very simple to prepare. When you coat the meat with olive oil it helps the spiced rub adhere and be absorbed into the meat as it roasts. All you need to do besides season and roast the meat is make the sauce. That is also simple.
The selection of spices for this spiced turkey roast
The sauce for this spiced turkey roast recipe is a cranberry
Plating Spiced Turkey Roast
Plate your spiced turkey roast on an attractive serving platter, spooning the thickened cranberry sauce along the top of the meat when you have sliced it. The spices will have given the roast a nice brown color and the red of the cranberry sauce is a good contrast with the meat.
Sides that will go well with this meal can also be out of the ordinary. For instance, instead of potatoes or stuffing, make
Broccoli and cauliflower served either raw or steamed with a squeeze of lemon or orange will give a brilliant taste and look awesome as a vegetable course as the broccoli will retain its bright greenness.
This is a lighter turkey dish that has little or no fat, salt or sugar and so it’s very healthy. Consider lighter fare for dessert as well. Pumpkin mousse will provide the fall
A sparkling beverage would be very elegant. It does not have to be alcoholic. A sparkling grape juice or apple cider would be pretty in your stemmed glassware.
Partake of your Thanksgiving with all the various trimmings while staying light with a fresh new take on turkey.
If you enjoy this recipe, try these:Print
- 1½ pounds boneless turkey roast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 Tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place turkey in a roasting pan, and rub with olive oil. Combine the cinnamon, cloves, allspice and peppercorns; rub over turkey.
- Place turkey in the oven and roast for about 1 hour until juices run clear.
- Prepare a sauce by combining the cranberries and 2 cups water in a saucepan and bringing to a boil. Lower the heat and cook until cranberries begin to pop; add the orange juice.
- Combine the corn starch or arrowroot with 2 tablespoons water and add to the sauce. Cook until thick and serve over sliced turkey.