Last Updated on
Chinese Beef Strips with Snow Peas
1 1/2 pounds beef top round steak, thinly sliced into small strips (freeze then cut while partially thawed)
1 can beef broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 bunch green onions (about 8)
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons water
1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 small can bamboo shoots, drained
1 small can bean sprouts, drained
1 small package frozen snow peas, partially thawed
1. Combine steak in crock pot with beef broth, soy sauce, ginger and onions.
2. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours.
3. Turn control to high. Dissolve cornstarch in the 2 tablespoons cold water. Stir into crock pot, mixing well with other ingredients.
4. Cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
5. During last 10 minutes of cooking, add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts and snow peas. Serve over fluffy white rice.