Last Updated on
Broccoli With Garlic-Herb Butter Recipe
Broccoli gets the royal treatment with a garlic-herb butter sauce. A hint of pepper adds just the right amount of spice while allowing other flavors to get their moment in the sun. This is an easy side dish that gets rave reviews, turning an ordinary meal into a dinner fit for visiting royalty.
2 Tablespoons light butter
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 garlic cloves, minced
12 ounces frozen broccoli florets
2 Tablespoons water
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/8-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
1. Place butter in a small microwave safe dish.
2. Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until melted.
3. Stir in parsley, garlic, pepper and red pepper flakes.
4. Place broccoli florets in a large microwave safe bowl.
5. Add 2 Tablespoons water, and cover with wax paper.
6. Microwave on High 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well.
7. Add butter mixture and salt to taste. Toss gently to coat. Serves 4.