With the number of dip and salsa recipes available, it can start to become overwhelming. You want to find the perfect balance between nutritious and tasty. That's why this hummus chickpea dip recipe is sure to become your go-to dip. It's a great twist on the traditional hummus recipe. So, the next time you're having a get-together and want to whip up something that tastes great and is different from the usual party fare, try our healthy recipe for hummus chickpea dip.
Healthy Hummus Chickpea Dip
- 1 can chickpeas (15-1/2-ounce), drained
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Mash chickpeas in a small bowl until they are smooth.
2. Add oil and lemon juice; stir to combine.
3. Add chopped onions and salt.
4. Serve on bread or crackers.
Makes 4 Servings, about 3 tablespoons each, plus 4 servings for another meal or snack.
Total fat 4 grams
Saturated fat Trace
Sodium 148 milligrams
Serve this delicious, healthy recipe with raw vegetables, crackers, pita or bagel chips, or any selection of whole-grain bread. And if you loved this recipe, try our Seven Layer Mexican Dip or Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/eskymaks.