How to Make Glitter Slime Easter Eggs
Plastic Easter Eggs become infinitely more fun when filled with sparkly, glittery slime. Use this easy recipe to fill those eggs for your Easter Baskets, the Easter Bunny will be a hero this year!
Easter Egg Glitter Slime Ingredients:
• glitter glue or glitter added to clear glue
• food coloring
• empty plastic fillable Easter eggs
You can use white school glue in place of the clear glue, but the slime will be opaque instead of clear and the glitter will appear less sparkly. The best result is to use clear glue with glitter added or glitter glue.
Borax is sold as a detergent booster with laundry supplies in grocery stores. We used 20 Mule Team borax but store brand works just as well.
1. In a small non-metal bowl, dissolve 1 teaspoon borax in 1/2 cup warm water using a whisk to break up any clumps. Some of the mixture may settle at the bottom which is fine, you’ll be using just the liquid.
2. In a separate container, mix 1/2 cup glue (4-oz bottle of glue) and 1 cup of water. Add a few drops of the food coloring to the mixture to add color to your slime. Mix well.
3. Combine the two mixtures into a clean bowl. Use your hands to mix the slime to incorporate all the ingredients smoothly. Drain any extra liquid that remains after mixing.
4. Pull off blobs of the slime and place into an empty plastic egg. Place the eggs in a sealed plastic bag until you’re ready to put them into baskets Borax is a natural disinfectant, but the slime will keep fresh even longer if you refrigerate it.
Clean up any slime-related messes easily with warm water.