How to Make Glitter Slime
Sparkly slime is the glamorous counterpart to regular slime. It's still gooey and fun but glittery slime is also prettier to look at. Use this easy recipe to change up your kids regular slime routine or as favors for a Frozen or Disney Princess themed party by placing small amounts in plastic eggs.
Glitter Slime Ingredients:
• glitter glue or glitter added to clear glue
• food coloring
You can use white school glue in place of the clear glue, but the slime will be opaque instead of clear and the glitter will appear less sparkly. The best result is to use clear glue with glitter added or glitter glue.
Borax is sold as a detergent booster with laundry supplies in grocery stores. We used 20 Mule Team borax but store brand works just as well.
1. In a small non-metal bowl, dissolve 1 teaspoon borax in 1/2 cup warm water using a whisk to break up any clumps. Some of the mixture may settle at the bottom which is fine, you'll be using just the liquid.
2. In a separate container, mix 1/2 cup glitter glue (4-oz bottle of glue) and 1 cup of water. If you're using clear glue, add the glitter to the glue then mix with the water.
3. Add a few drops of the food coloring to the mixture to add color to your slime. Mix well.
4. Combine the two mixtures into a clean bowl, taking the solid mixture out of the first bowl with your hands. Use your hands to mix the slime to incorporate all the ingredients smoothly. Drain any extra liquid that remains after mixing.
5. Place the slime in a sealed plastic bag until you're ready to play with it Borax is a natural disinfectant, but the slime will keep fresh even longer if you refrigerate it.
Clean up any slime-related messes easily with warm water.
Get more easy to make Slime and Play Dough Recipes
The image featured at the top of this post is ©MomsWhoThink Staff / daraz.