At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Roadside Southern Pork Barbecue
1 (5-7 pound) fresh pork shoulder
1 cup catsup
3/4 cup molasses
1/2 cup apple-cider vinegar
3/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Place pork shoulder into the crock pot. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the pork.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine the catsup, molasses, apple-cider vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
3. Add the onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, chili powder, ground mustard and black pepper.
4. Pour sauce mixture over pork, cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
5. Remove pork from pot. Remove meat from bones using two forks to pull the meat away from the bone.
6. Return the shredded meat to the crock pot.
7. Cook on low for an additional 30 minutes or until juice is cooked down.