Last Updated on
Simple Stir-Fried Chicken and Noodles
½ cup chicken broth
⅓ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
¼ cup white wine or additional chicken broth
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon pepper
⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
¾ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
2 cups broccoli florets
2 cups julienned carrots
2 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, cut into 1 inch pieces
6 ounces spaghetti, broken
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1. In a bowl, combine the first seven Ingredients; set aside ¾ cup.
2. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir fry chicken in 2 teaspoons oil for 3 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
4. Stir fry broccoli and carrots in remaining oil for 6 minutes. Add cabbage and peas; stir fry 3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp tender.
5. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
6. Combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
7. Drain pasta; stir into vegetable mixture. Return chicken to the pan; cook and stir until heated through.
Yield: 6 servings
1⅓ cups equals:
5 g fat (1 g saturated fat)
33 mg cholesterol
672 mg sodium
32 g carbohydrate
4 g fiber
20 g protein
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1½ starch, ½ fat