At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Chinese Pork with Snow Peas
6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
⅓ cup Tablespoons hoisin sauce
¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), halved and thinly sliced
3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
1 cup halved fresh snow peas
1 small onion, sliced
1 cup sliced Chinese cabbage
⅓ cup minced fresh cilantro
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, combine in a small bowl, the hoisin sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil; set aside.
3. In a large nonstick frying pan or wok, stir fry pork in 2 teaspoons canola oil for 3 minutes or until no longer pink.
4. Remove and keep warm. In the same frying pan, stir fry the red pepper, peas and onion in remaining oil for 3 minutes.
5. Add cabbage; stir fry 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp tender.
6. Stir reserved hoisin sauce mixture and stir into frying pan.
7. Return pork to the pan; heat through.
8. Drain pasta and add to frying pan; toss to coat. Sprinkle each serving with 1 Tablespoon cilantro.
Makes 4 servings
1½ cups equals:
11 grams fat (2 grams saturated fat)
64 mg cholesterol
550 mg sodium
43 grams carbohydrate
3 grams fiber
30 grams protein