Pork Lo Mein with Spaghetti
1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
½ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
4 garlic cloves, minced
1½ teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
3 cups fresh snow peas
1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
3 cups cooked thin spaghetti
⅓ cup reduced sodium chicken broth
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1. Cut tenderloin in half lengthwise.
2. Cut each half width-wise into 1/4 in. slices; set aside.
3. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes; add pork.
4. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
5. In a large nonstick frying pan or wok coated with cooking spray, stir fry pork and marinade for 4 to 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
6. Add peas and red pepper; stir fry for 1 minute.
7. Stir in spaghetti and broth; cook 1 minute longer.
8. Remove from the heat; stir in sesame oil.
Makes 4 servings
One serving (1½ cups) equals:
7 grams fat (2 grams saturated fat)
74 mg cholesterol
716 mg sodium
37 grams carbohydrate
3 grams fiber
31 grams protein