At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Slow Cooked Ruby Chicken
2 pounds chicken parts
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 can orange juice, concentrated
2 teaspoons grated orange peel
1 pound whole cranberries
1. The night before cooking, thaw the orange juice and chicken.
2. Grate the orange peel and set aside in an air-tight sandwich bag in the fridge. Measure the salt, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar and combine in a sealed container.
3. In the morning place the vegetable oil in the crock pot then add the chicken. Pour the thawed orange juice over the top of the chicken evenly.
4. Spinkle the orange peel and the spice/brown sugar mixture over the chicken. Evenly distribute the cranberries over the entire mixture in the crock pot.
5. Cook on low 6-8 hours, until chicken is no longer pink inside. Serve over hot cooked rice.