Crock Pot Pork Chop Recipe
Pork chops in the crock pot are juicy and tender, this crock pot pork chop recipe adds extra flavor with the sweetness of brown sugar.
If you don’t like acorn squash, you can easily substitute potatoes cut into small wedges.
Pork Chop Crock Pot Recipe
2 medium acorn squash, unpeeled
6 pork chops
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 Tablespoons melted butter
3/4 teaspoon brown Kitchen Bouquet sauce
1/2 teaspoon orange peel, grated
1 Tablespoon orange juice
1. Remove the excess fat from pork chops, you don’t want the crock pot filling up with a layer of fat.
2. Cut each squash into 4 thick slices and remove the seeds.
3. Place three of the pork chops into the crock pot.
4. Place the squash on top of the pork chops in the crock pot, then add the remaining pork chops.
5. Combine salt, sugar, butter, brown sauce, orange peel and orange juice.
6. Pour into the crock pot, over the pork chops.
7. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.