Radishes are a great choice for this week's menu. Packed with nutrition, they're at their best when they've been incorporated into the right recipes. This oven-roasted radishes with onions recipe is sure to delight. Radishes can sometimes lean on the bitter side, so we've carefully chosen seasonings to help mask that.
Onions are popular because of how flavorful they are. They're a huge part of why this recipe is so delicious. Thyme, salt, and pepper help round out this recipe. We didn't wany to include too many ingredients, since a long ingredients list can easily get overwhelming and intimidating.
The prep for this recipe is easy and should only take you a few minutes. These radishes will need to cook for 15 to 20 minutes; depending on how long the prep takes you, this dish can be served in under 30 minutes. Quick and easy recipes are what it's all about!
The finishing touch with this recipe is a drizzle of olive oil after everything is done. This recipe is so delicious, it may even convert the radish haters in your family! Keep this recipe bookmarked for whenever you need a good side dish to make, but are at a loss for what to cook.
Oven-Roasted Radishes with Onions
1 bunch large red round radishes, trimmed
Olive oil for roasting and serving
1 tablespoon butter, chopped into pieces
1/4 cup fresh thyme, finely chopped
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place radishes into a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle butter pieces over radishes.
3. Sprinkle chopped thyme and salt over the radishes, toss to coat well.
4. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until radish skins start to shrivel slightly. Stir mixture halfway through.
5. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Slice radishes into thick slices.
6. Serve with red onion slices; drizzle with olive oil and top with additional butter, salt, and pepper.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Bertl123/Shutterstock.com.