At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Crock Pot Vegetarian Enchilada Casserole
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chunky salsa
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 can (30 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 ounces diced green chiles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
1. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, salsa, tomato paste, beans, corn, green chiles, cumin, and garlic powder. Mix well.
2. Spoon 1 cup of the mixture into the bottom of a 4-quart crock pot; spread evenly.
3. Top with 1 1/4 tortillas, cutting to fit as necessary. Spread on 1/4 of the remaining tomato mixture.
4. Repeat layers 2 more times, ending with the rest of the tomato mixture; spread evenly over the top.
5. Top with the sliced olives. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours.