4 pounds beef brisket
1 carrot, diced
1 small onion, diced
2 teaspoons salt
4 whole black peppers
4 whole cloves
1 egg, slightly beaten
½ cup dry bread crumbs
1. Cover meat with boiling water.
2. Add vegetables and seasonings.
3. Simmer until tender about 3 hours.
4. Remove meat from liquid, place in shallow baking dish.
5. Reserve 2 cups of the beef-onion stock.
6. Spread egg over meat; sprinkle with dry bread crumbs.
7. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until brown.
8. Make an onion sauce with reserved beef-onion stock and serve with meat.
9. Serve over steak fries if desired.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.