Beef Brisket and Onion Sauce
4 pounds beef brisket
1 carrot, diced
1 small onion, diced
2 teaspoons salt
4 whole black peppers
4 whole cloves
1 egg, slightly beaten
½ cup dry bread crumbs
1. Cover meat with boiling water.
2. Add vegetables and seasonings.
3. Simmer until tender about 3 hours.
4. Remove meat from liquid, place in shallow baking dish.
5. Reserve 2 cups of the beef-onion stock.
6. Spread egg over meat; sprinkle with dry bread crumbs.
7. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until brown.
8. Make an onion sauce with reserved beef-onion stock and serve with meat.
9. Serve over steak fries if desired.
Try one of our favorite 4 to 7 Ingredient Meals: