11 ounce tube refrigerated French bread
¼- to ½-pound of cooked ham, thinly sliced
Small onion, diced
8 bacon strips
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1. Cook bacon until crisp; crumble. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat.
2. Saute diced onion until translucent.
3. Unroll dough on a greased baking sheet.
4. Place ham over dough to within ½-inch of edges.
5. Sprinkle evenly with onions, bacon and cheese.
6. Roll up, Jelly-roll style, starting with the long side.
7. Pinch seams to seal and tuck ends under.
8. Place seam-side down on baking sheet.
9. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
10. Allow to stand 10 minutes before slicing.
11. Serve warm.