Last Updated on
Easy Dinner Calzones
3/4 pound ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups pizza sauce, divided
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 (11 -ounce) can refrigerated French bread loaf
4 (1 -ounce) mozzarella cheese slices
Nonstick cooking spray
Grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat until ground beef is no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet.
2. Stir in 1 cup of the pizza sauce and the Italian seasoning.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°.
4. Unroll the French bread loaf onto a lightly floured surface. With a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough into a 16″ square.
5. Cut into 4 squares. Transfer dough squares to a lightly greased baking sheet.
6. Spoon ground beef mixture evenly into center of each square.
7. Top each square with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
8. Fold dough over mixture to form a triangle, pressing edges to seal. Coat triangles with cooking spray and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
9. Bake at 400° for 12 to 15 minutes or until browned. Serve with remaining warmed pizza sauce as topping or for dipping and a tossed salad. Makes 4 servings.
Try these similar recipes: