At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Broccoli and Cheese Calzone
1 pound fresh or frozen pizza dough, thawed according to package directions
2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning (preferably salt-free)
2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets – thawed
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Roll dough out into a large circle about ½-inch thick.
3. Transfer dough to a baking sheet (It’s ok if some dough hangs over the edge, you’ll be folding it in half).
4. In a bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and seasoning.
5. Top one half of the dough with the mozzarella cheese, broccoli and Parmesan.
6. Fold over the side of the dough without the toppings and pinch the edges together to seal.
7. Bake 20 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
8. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting crosswise into slices.