At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Pizzeria Stella Sausage and Veggie Pizza
¼ pound bulk pork sausage
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed and halved
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
16 slices pepperoni
1 cup fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning, divided
1. In a large frying pan, cook the sausage, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Set aside.
2. Roll half of dough into a 12-inch circle. Transfer to a greased 9 inch deep dish pie plate.
3. Layer with half of the mozzarella cheese, half of the Parmesan cheese and half of the pizza sauce.
4. Top with the sausage mixture, pepperoni, mushrooms and 2 teaspoons of the Italian seasoning.
5. Roll out remaining dough to fit top of pie. Place over filling; seal edges.
6. Layer with remaining pizza sauce, cheeses and Italian seasoning.
7. Bake at 400°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 8 servings.
1 piece equals:
12 grams fat (5 grams saturated fat)
27 mg cholesterol
743 mg sodium
32 grams carbohydrate
3 grams fiber
17 grams protein