At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Friday Night Pizza Sloppy Joes
1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium chopped green pepper
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
3 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni, chopped
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
6 Tablespoons shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
6 hamburger buns, split
1. In a large nonstick frying pan, cook the beef, onion, pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain any fat.
2. Stir in the pizza sauce, pepperoni and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
4. Turn off heat and cover for 5 minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
5. Divide evenly onto hamburger buns and serve.
Makes 6 servings
1 serving (1 sandwich) equals:
11 grams fat (4 grams saturated fat)
59 mg cholesterol
825 mg sodium
29 grams carbohydrate
3 grams fiber
26 grams protein