Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe
This recipe is a fantastic copycat of Kentucky Fried Chicken. Juicy and filled with flavor from the perfect blend of herbs and spices, you'll save yourself a lot of money by cooking this at home.
Cooked using a pressure cooker is the secret to infusing the chicken with the seasonings throughout each and every piece. Pressure cooking also seals in the juices, so you'll get the same high quality juicy tender chicken as you would at a KFC restaurant. Serve with the coleslaw recipe and corn on the cob and you've got yourself a feast the Colonel himself would be proud of (at a fraction of the cost)!j
Kentucky Fried Chicken
2 fryer chickens, cut up into 8 pieces and marinated
6 cups Crisco shortening
1 egg, well beaten
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons ground pepper
3 Tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon msg * see below why you can safely use this tiny amount of msg
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 dash paprika
1. Place shortening into the pressure cooker and heat over medium heat to the shortening reaches 400°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine the egg and milk.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining six dry ingredients.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk until fully moistened.
5. Roll the moistened chicken in the flour mixture until well coated.
6. In groups of four or five, drop the covered chicken pieces into the shortening and lock the lid.
7. When pressure builds up cook for 10 minutes.
8. Release the lid according to the pressure cooker manufacturer's instructions.
9. Remove the chicken , drain on paper towels and serve hot.
* Below is just one example of what we have found regarding the use of msg, but we felt that Sam put it best when he said:
Voted the Best Answer!
Try one of our fan-favorite chicken recipes:
Click for more Chicken recipes