For an easy cookie recipe, you can't go wrong with this one. The ingredients are basic but the cookies are colorful and delicious!
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Colored sugar sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until well blended. Slowly add the flour mixture, beating on medium speed until mixture is completely combined.
3. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, sprinkle with colored sugar, then place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until golden.
5. Let the cookies stand two minutes before removing them from the cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!