For an easy cookie recipe, you can't go wrong with this one. The ingredients are basic but the cookies are colorful and delicious!
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Colored sugar sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until well blended. Slowly add the flour mixture, beating on medium speed until mixture is completely combined.
3. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, sprinkle with colored sugar, then place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until golden.
5. Let the cookies stand two minutes before removing them from the cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.