A good fortune cookie recipe is just as hard to come by as a good fortune in your cookie! This is the best one yet.
8 oz . flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
4 ounces sugar
1/2 teaspoons salt
2 egg whites
4 ounces vegetable oil
1 teaspoon water
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
2. In a large bowl sift together the cornstarch, flour, salt and sugar. Stir in the oil, water, egg whites, and vanilla.
3. On a well-greased baking sheet, roll a very thin four inch circle of the dough.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove one cookie at a time from the oven with a wide spatula; working quickly follow these four steps:
1. Place cookie onto cotton gloved hand.
2. Hold fortune in center of pliable cookie while folding cookie in half.
3. Grasp ends of cookie and draw gently down over edge of muffin pan to crease at center of cookie.
4. Fit cookie in muffin pan (points down) to hold shape as it cools. If cookie hardens too quickly, put it back in the oven for about 1 minute.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.