Molasses Cookie Recipe
This is an old fashioned molasses cookie recipe. You must use dark molasses, the flavor is unbeatable!
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup dark molasses
1/2 cup water
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
raisins to mix in the dough (optional)
Sugar to sprinkle on top
1. Beat sugar and shortening in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed. Stir in remaining ingredients.
2. Cover and chill at least 3 hours until dough is firm.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
4. Roll dough 1/4 inch thick on floured surface. Cut into 3-inch circles, then sprinkle with sugar.
5. Place on greased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
6. Cool 2 minutes then remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Cookie Recipes List