A great oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe that isn't too mushy or too dried out is a gem. This recipe is a taste tested winner.
1 3/4 cups of flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 Tbsp. milk
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups of uncooked old fashioned oats
12 ounce package (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugars in large bowl until creamy.
3. Add eggs, milk and vanilla extract; beat well.
4. Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate chips; mix well.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
6. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes for a chewy cookie or 12 to 13 minutes for a crisp cookie.
7. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!