Oatmeal Cookies with raisins sprinkled throughout the recipe are moist and chewy, infused with traditional spices.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 1/2 cups raisins
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. With an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat the butter at medium speed until creamy. Add the sugars and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Turn the mixer to low speed. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Stir in the oats and raisins.
6. Drop dough by rounded generous tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until light brown. Check for doneness after 12 minutes, as oven temperatures vary.