Making homemade risotto can often be difficult, causing many people to stay away from it. Avoid no more! With this easy parmesan risotto recipe you’ll be making homemade risotto in no time. From fish to poultry and even beef, it’s a perfect side for any meal.
5 cups chicken stock
1 pinch saffron thread
5 Tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups risotto rice
1 cup parmesan cheese
salt and black pepper
1. Bring chicken stock to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer.
2. Ladle a little stock into a small bowl; add the saffron threads and let infuse.
3. Melt 4 Tablespoons of butter in a large sauce pan until foamy.
4. Add onions, stirring frequently, and cook for 2 minutes, then add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
5. Add the rice and stir until the grains start to swell and burst.
6. Add a few ladles of stock. Add the saffron liquid, and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Stir over low heat until liquid has beed absorbed.
8. Keep adding stock, letting the rice absorb the liquid before adding more.
9. Stir constantly for about 20-25 minutes. The rice should be just tender and the risoto golden and creamy.
10. Remove from heat and add 2/3 cup parmesan cheese and remaining 1 Tablespoon butter, mixing until butter has melted.
11. Season to taste. Serves 4.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.