A good easy casserole recipe makes the perfect dinner, a one dish supper to gather the family around the table with. Casseroles are especially great when you want a home cooked meal that won't take a lot of time to prepare.
Casserole recipes vary greatly because of the many different ingredients used to make casseroles. Easy casserole recipes are great to use for family dinners, they are hearty meals that are a breeze to make (so the cook gets to enjoy dinner too).
This easy casserole recipe is for chicken and dumplings. Chicken and dumplings are at the top of any list of comfort foods, warm and satisfying for chilly nights.
Vegetable cooking spray
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, uncooked
1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced carrots
2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Spray a 2 1/2-quart casserole dish with vegetable cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl combine oil and milk. Gradually stir in baking powder, flour, and salt. Mix well until a dough forms.
3. Place the chicken into the bottom of the casserole dish. Cover with celery, onion, and carrots. Sprinkle pepper and sage on top then pour the broth over everything.
4. Form 2-inch balls from the dough mixture and drop evenly on to the top of the chicken mixture in the casserole dish. Cover tightly and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
Easy RecipesMain Page