4 cups shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 can (6 ounce) French-fried onions, divided
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, OR
1 1/3 cups homemade condensed cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup milk
2 cups frozen corn kernels
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 13x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add hash browns, salt, pepper and garlic powder to skillet.
3. Cook hash browns for 2 minutes, turn over and cook for another 2 minutes, or until lightly browned.
4. Transfer hash browns evenly into baking dish, then add half the onions. Combine well.
5. Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over the potato mixture.
6. Place cubed chicken evenly on top of cheese.
7. In a medium bowl, mix soup and milk together until smooth. Add frozen corn kernels, mix well. Pour mixture over chicken.
8. Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes (until chicken is cooked through).
9. Sprinkle remaining onions over top. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!