Philly Steak Sandwich Ingredients:
½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 medium onions, thinly sliced
1 medium green pepper, sliced
2 Tablespoons butter
1 pound thinly sliced cooked roast beef
6 hoagie rolls, split
6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
4 beef bouillon cubes
2 cups water
1. In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms, onions and green pepper in butter until tender.
2. Divide beef among rolls. Top with vegetables and cheese; replace roll tops.
3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet; cover with foil.
4. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through.
5. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat bouillon and water until cubes are dissolved; serve as a dipping sauce.
Crispy Onion Ring Ingredients:
4 large onions
1 quart buttermilk
2 cups flour
⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
oil for frying
1. Slice 4 large onions into ¼-inch rings. Place in large bowl and cover with buttermilk.
2. Season with salt and pepper (season to taste).
3. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Place 2 cups flour in a shallow dish. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
5. Dredge onion rings in seasoned flour. Dip again in buttermilk, then in seasoned four.
6. Fry in batches in a large skillet, in 350 degree oil for 2 to 3 minutes until golden.
7. Drain on paper towels. Let oil come back to temperature before frying next batch.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.