Everyone loves a good Philly cheesesteak! If you've never thought about turning it into a pizza, here is your sign to do so. Philly cheesesteak pizza is just as good as the original sandwich. It's a great way to turn dinner into a fun time for everyone.
This pizza isn't difficult to make. You won't have to do anything complicated, which is a relief to many busy parents. When we think of making pizza, images of pizza dough being twirled into the air often come to mind. There's no need to throw your dough with this recipe!
We use refrigerated crescent roll dough in this recipe, rather than traditional pizza dough. That may be blasphemous to some, but we promise the taste is just as good. Feel free to throw on whatever other toppings you may want. Mushrooms are a popular addition to many Philly cheesesteak sandwiches, so we think they'd be great on this pizza.
Serve this pizza with some boneless chicken wings, or with some carrots and celery for a healthier option. If you really want to indulge, you can serve some mac and cheese along with your pizza. It might be a combination that makes your arteries harden just a bit, but it's certainly something everyone will enjoy!
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 Tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon beef bouillon granules
½ pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
1 Tablespoon prepared Italian salad dressing
1½ cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Unroll crescent roll dough into one long rectangle, seal perforations.
3. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 13x9x2 baking dish.
4. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté the green pepper and onion in oil and bouillon until vegetables are tender, set aside.
6. Arrange beef over crust. Brush with salad dressing, top with pepper mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake 4 to 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
8. Cut into squares. Makes 6 servings.