Chicken Cordon Bleu
6 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups dry bread crumbs
12 slices Swiss cheese
12 slices deli ham
3 one-gallon freezer bags, labeled
On hand for each entrée:
2 teaspoons butter
1. Rinse and trim chicken as desired.
2. Lay out three shallow dishes. Measure the flour into one, eggs into another, and breadcrumbs into the third.
3. Lay each piece of chicken, smooth side down, between two sheets of wax paper. Using a rolling pin or a meat tenderizer, pound each chicken piece to ½ inch thickness. Take one piece of chicken, coat with flour, dip in eggs, and then coat with breadcrumbs. Set aside. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces. Discard remaining flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs.
4. Fold one piece of cheese into a small bundle and place in the middle of one slice of ham. Fold the sides of the ham in, enveloping the cheese. Place a ham/cheese bundle on the narrow end of a breaded chicken piece, roll chicken into a packet, and secure tightly by wrapping with plastic wrap. Repeat with remaining cheese, ham, and chicken. Divide chicken rolls evenly among the freezer bags.
5. Seal and freeze.
1. Remove desired number of chicken rolls from freezer. Discard plastic wrap while chicken is still frozen and place in a greased baking dish. Place in the refrigerator to thaw completely.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. Brush each chicken roll with 2 teaspoons melted butter and bake for 45 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 170°F.
Yield: 12 rolls
Freeze up to: 4 months