Last Updated on
Pork Cordon Bleu with Baked Apple Slices
Baked Sliced Apples
2 cups sliced apples
½ cup sugar
¼ cup flour
3 Tablespoons butter
¼ cup water
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Place apples in 9×13 baking dish.
2. Mix sugar, flour and butter until crumbly; sprinkle over apples.
3. Add water to the dish. Sprinkle cinnamonover top of apples.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F until done and slightly brown. Makes 4 servings.
While apples are baking, prepare Pork Cordon Bleu.
Pork Cordon Bleu
1 ¼ pounds pork tenderloin
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon olive oil
4 (1 ounce) slices deli Swiss cheese, halved
4 (1 ounce) slices deli ham, halved
¼ cup dry white wine
¼ cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried sage
1. Cut the pork diagonally across the grain into eight ¼ inch thick cutlets.
2. Place the cutlets between sheets of wax paper and pound to a thickness of 1/8 inch.
3. Season both sides of each cutlet with salt pepper.
4. Sprinkle the flour onto a paper plate, lightly dredge the cutlets in the flour, shaking off excess.
5. Heat the oil a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Sauté the pork 3 minutes, turn cutlets over and top each with a slice of ham and a slice of cheese.
7. Add the wine and broth; bring to a boil. Boil, until liquid is reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
8. Sprinkle with sage. Place the cutlets on a platter and spoon the sauce on top. Makes 4 servings.
Try one of our favorite 30 Minute Meals: