Last Updated on
Healthy Peach-Apple Crisp Recipe
The next time you want to bake something sweet and delicious for your family, but don’t want all the sugar, fat and calories that come along with most baked goods, give our healthy recipe for peach apple crisp a try. It’s sweet, tart and delicious.
To make this healthy peach apple recipe even more delicious, try topping it with some vanilla frozen yogurt or fat free whipped topping.
1 can (20 ounces) canned sliced peaches, light-syrup pack, drained
2 medium apples, tart, peeled and sliced
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup + 3 Tablespoons flour
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3 Tablespoons margarine, chilled
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 9x9x2 inch casserole dish.
2. Combine peaches, apples, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl. Toss well and spread evenly in greased casserole dish.
3. Combine flour and sugar in small bowl. Cut in margarine with two knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
4. Sprinkle flour mixture evenly over fruit.
5. Bake until lightly browned and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Makes 4 Servings, about 1/2 cup each, plus 4 servings for another meal
Total fat 5 grams
Saturated fat 1 gram
Sodium 57 milligrams