Baked or roasted potatoes are usually seasoned with salt and pepper, and a drizzle of oil to keep them from sticking to the pan. We've created a healthy recipe for you that gives new life to this old stand by.
Instead of ordinary salt and pepper, we've used cumin and red pepper flakes for a smoky heat that you and your family will love. This healthy recipe would pair up well with almost any main dish, but the zesty flavors would go especially well with things like burgers, meat loaf or grilled steaks.
4 pounds potatoes
4 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon red pepper
1. Lightly coat a 7x12x1 inch pan with oil.
2. Wash potatoes; cut in half lengthwise.
3. Place cut sides of potatoes on the oiled pan; rub potatoes in the oil; turn potatoes over so that cut sides are facing up.
4. Mix cumin and red pepper together; sprinkle over potatoes.
5. Bake at 400 degrees F until potatoes are golden brown and tender, about 20 minutes.
Makes 4 Servings, about 1/2 cup each, plus 4 servings for snack
Total fat 5 grams
Saturated fat 1 gram
Sodium 10 milligrams