At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Healthy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
If you love potatoes, but you’re tired of making them the same way you always have, give our healthy recipe for scalloped potatoes a try some night soon.
You’ll be surprised by how easy and elegant they are. You can pair these potatoes with chicken, beef or pork; they’re an excellent addition to any meal.
2 pounds potatoes
2 Tablespoons margarine
1 cup onions, sliced
3 Tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups whole milk
1. Wash potatoes; peel and slice into thin slices.
2. Melt 1 tablespoon of margarine in heavy, deep skillet. Remove skillet from heat; spread half of potato slices in skillet.
3. Cover potatoes with onions. Sprinkle half of flour and pepper over potato mixture.
4. Add remaining potato slices, flour, and pepper. Cut 1 tablespoon of margarine into small pieces and place on top of potato mixture.
5. Pour milk over potato mixture; bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium low, cover, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
Makes 4 Servings, about 1-1/2 cups each
Total fat 10 grams
Saturated fat 4 grams
Cholesterol 17 milligrams
Sodium 139 milligrams