At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Saltine Fried Chicken
Corn on the Cob
The true test of stellar fried chicken is a crunchy exterior surrounding moist meat. The crushed saltines used for coating the chicken make ordinary chicken breasts golden and crispy. The touch of potato coating creates tantalizing flavor in every bite.
Saltine Fried Chicken Ingredients:
30 saltine crackers
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons dry potato flakes
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ cup vegetable oil
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1. Place crackers in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and crush crackers until they are coarse crumbs.
2. Add flour, potato flakes, seasoned salt, and pepper to bag and mix well.
3. Beat egg in a shallow dish or bowl; heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
4. One by one, dredge chicken pieces in egg beat, then place in bag with crumb mixture, seal bag and shake to coat.
5. Reduce heat to medium and cook coated chicken in skillet for 15 to 20 minutes, turning frequently, until golden brown and juices run clear.
Red Potato Salad Ingredients:
3 pounds unpeeled red potatoes
1½ cups mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons milk
2 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar
½ cup sliced green onions
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup sliced celery
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Add red potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop into 1 inch cubes. Place in a medium bowl.
3. Place eggs in a medium saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil, and immediately remove from heat.
4. Cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and dice.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, distilled white vinegar, green onions, salt and pepper.
6. Pour the mixture over the potatoes, and mix together with the eggs and celery.
7. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator approximately 2 hours before serving.