1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup 1% fat buttermilk
1 egg, whole
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vegetable oil (to grease baking pan)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, and baking powder.
3. In another bowl, combine buttermilk and egg. Beat lightly.
4. Slowly add buttermilk and egg mixture to dry ingredients.
5. Add butter, and mix by hand or with mixer for 1 minute.
6. Bake for 20–25 minutes in an 8- by 8-inch, greased baking dish. Cool. Cut into 10 squares.
Yield: 10 servings
Serving size: 1 square
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 6 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 22 mg
Sodium: 94 mg
Total fiber: 1 g
Protein: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Potassium: 132 mg
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),