1 lb. ground turkey, lean
1 can (28 oz) tomatoes, cut up
1 cup green pepper, finely chopped
1 cup onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 lb. spaghetti, uncooked
as needed nonstick cooking spray
1. Coat large skillet with nonstick spray. Preheat over high heat.
2. Add turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Drain and discard fat.
3. Stir in tomatoes with juice, green pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, and black pepper. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove cover and simmer for added 15 minutes. (For creamier sauce, give sauce a whirl in blender or food
4. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in unsalted water. Drain well.
5. Serve sauce over spaghetti.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 5 oz of sauce with 9 oz of cooked spaghetti
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 6 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 51 mg
Sodium: 248 mg
Total fiber: 5 g
Protein: 28 g
Carbohydrates: 71 g
Potassium: 593 mg
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),