Broccoli and Roasted Garlic Pasta
Fusilli, or corkscrew pasta is quick and easy to cook. The broccoli and roasted garlic combine to form a crisp, satisfying pasta dish. This recipe surrounds the tongue in simple flavors and finishes clean. You can't help but enjoy this, especially since it's so quick and easy.
4 cups broccoli florets
8 ounces fusilli (corkscrew pasta)
2 heads roasted garlic
1 can sliced black olives , (2 1/4 oz)
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Bring 2 1/2 quarts of unsalted water to a boil in a covered 4 1/2-quart or larger Dutch oven or soup pot.
2. Rinse broccoli; drain well. When water reaches a rapid boil, add broccoli and pasta. Cook until noodles are firm-tender, about 8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, remove peel from roasted garlic; chop garlic coarsely. Set aside.
4. Drain olives; set aside. When noodles and broccoli are done, drain.
5. Pour into a 3-quart or larger serving bowl. Add garlic and olives. Drizzle olive oil over pasta; sprinkle with cheese.
6. Toss until cheese melts.