At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Broccoli and Roasted Garlic Pasta
Fusilli, or corkscrew pasta is quick and easy to cook. The broccoli and roasted garlic combine to form a crisp, satisfying pasta dish. This recipe surrounds the tongue in simple flavors and finishes clean. You can’t help but enjoy this, especially since it’s so quick and easy.
4 cups broccoli florets
8 ounces fusilli (corkscrew pasta)
2 heads roasted garlic
1 can sliced black olives , (2 1/4 oz)
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Bring 2 1/2 quarts of unsalted water to a boil in a covered 4 1/2-quart or larger Dutch oven or soup pot.
2. Rinse broccoli; drain well. When water reaches a rapid boil, add broccoli and pasta. Cook until noodles are firm-tender, about 8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, remove peel from roasted garlic; chop garlic coarsely. Set aside.
4. Drain olives; set aside. When noodles and broccoli are done, drain.
5. Pour into a 3-quart or larger serving bowl. Add garlic and olives. Drizzle olive oil over pasta; sprinkle with cheese.
6. Toss until cheese melts.