Broccoli Spinach Fettuccine
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
½ pound fettuccine
4 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 cup sour cream
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Thaw the spinach and broccoli in a microwave (one at a time). Set the broccoli and spinach aside on paper towels to drain excess moisture.
3. Add the pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes, or according to package directions.
4. In a large skillet, warm the butter in the oil over medium heat until butter is melted.
5. Add the garlic and sauté until lightly browned.
6. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the spinach, broccoli, salt and pepper.
7. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are heated through (about 5 minutes).
8. Stir in the sour cream and remove from the heat.
9. Drain the pasta and toss it with the vegetables and Parmesan cheese.