Mexican Lasagna Recipe
3 Tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds ground chicken breast
2 Tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 cup taco sauce
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
1 cup frozen corn
8 (8 inch) soft corn or flour tortillas
2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
sliced black olives for topping
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil to the skillet.
3. Add ground chicken and season with chili powder and cumin. Brown the meat (about 5 minutes).
4. Add taco sauce, black beans and corn. Heat the mixture through then season with salt to taste.
5. Coat a shallow baking dish with remaining Tablespoon of olive oil.
6. Cut the tortillas in quarters for easy layering.
7. Start with a layer of the meat mixture, then layer with tortillas and then cheese.Repeat for a second layer, ending with cheese.
8. Bake lasagna 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is slightly browned.
9. Remove from oven, top with sliced black olives and serve.