Mexican Lasagna Recipe
3 Tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds ground chicken breast
2 Tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 cup taco sauce
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
1 cup frozen corn
8 (8 inch) soft corn or flour tortillas
2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
sliced black olives for topping
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil to the skillet.
3. Add ground chicken and season with chili powder and cumin. Brown the meat (about 5 minutes).
4. Add taco sauce, black beans and corn. Heat the mixture through then season with salt to taste.
5. Coat a shallow baking dish with remaining Tablespoon of olive oil.
6. Cut the tortillas in quarters for easy layering.
7. Start with a layer of the meat mixture, then layer with tortillas and then cheese.Repeat for a second layer, ending with cheese.
8. Bake lasagna 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is slightly browned.
9. Remove from oven, top with sliced black olives and serve.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©VClark/Shutterstock.com.