1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
4 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 2 ½ pounds), skinned
3 Tablespoons brown sugar
4 Tablespoons butter
1 large can yams in syrup, drained
cinnamon and butter for yams
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Combine the paprika, salt, cinnamon, cumin, and pepper in a bowl.
3. Rub the mixture over the chicken breasts and place them on the baking sheet.
4. Position the baking sheet in the upper one-third of the oven and bake 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
6. Cook, stirring, until butter melts and the mixture is well combined.
7. After the chicken has baked for 15 minutes, brush it with the brown sugar glaze and bake 5 minutes longer.
8. Brush the chicken again and bake until cooked through, about 5 more minutes.
9. Heat the yams in a saucepan until heated through. Lightly coat with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon.
10. Serve the chicken with the yams while hot. Makes 4 servings.