Chicken with Potatoes and Tomatoes
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 ½ pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of all visible fat
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, chopped
3 plum tomatoes, chopped
1 large baking potato, peeled and cubed
¾ cup chicken broth
½ cup chopped fresh basil
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and sauté until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the onion and garlic; cook until the onion is just tender, about 5 minutes longer.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, potato, and broth.
5. Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes tender, about 20 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in the basil. Serve with steamed broccoli.
Try one of our favorite 30 Minute Meals: