Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup Cream of Wheat Cereal (any type), uncooked
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups pasta sauce, divided
1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Blend flour, salt and pepper in shallow bowl; set aside.
3. Combine milk and eggs in second shallow bowl; set aside.
4. Blend Cream of Wheat and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese in third shallow bowl; set aside.
5. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Flatten chicken breasts slightly to uniform thickness.
6. Dip each chicken breast into flour mixture, covering both sides evenly; shake off excess flour.
7. Dip into egg mixture, covering both sides evenly. Dip into Cream of Wheat mixture, covering both sides evenly; shake off excess coating.
8.Place chicken into skillet. Cook 4 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Turn chicken over and cook 5 minutes longer until lightly browned.
9. Remove chicken from skillet.
10. Spread 1 cup pasta sauce in bottom of casserole dish; place chicken on top.
11. Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese over chicken and top with remaining 1 cup pasta sauce. Sprinkle on remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
12. Bake 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with Parmesan cheese, if desired.