Italian Sausage and Potato Skillet
1 pound sweet Italian sausage
1 medium onion, chopped (½ cup)
1 stalk celery, chopped (½ cup)
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cups frozen diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
1. In a large skillet cook and stir sausage, onion, celery, and garlic over medium heat until onion is tender and sausage is no longer pink. Drain fat.
2. Stir in potatoes and undrained tomatoes, bring to boiling.
3. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in spinach. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Cook, covered, for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.Makes 4 servings.
Try one of our favorite 30 Minute Meals: