1 pound ground beef
1 Tablespoon flour
1 ½ cup good quality canned tomatoes (pureed)
1 cup salsa or picante Sauce
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 ounces (1/2 can) diced green chiles
1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cook the ground beef in a 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring frequently to separate meat. Drain any fat.
3. Add flour and continue cooking for 1 minute.
4. Stir the tomatoes, salsa, milk and rice into the skillet. Combine thoroughly and heat through (about 2-3 minutes).
5. Add salt and pepper. Add diced green chiles.
6. Spoon the mixture into a 1-1/2-quart casserole. Cover the dish with foil.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minute. Remove from oven and stir mixture well.
8. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the casserole.
9. Evenly sprinkle the crushed tortilla chips on top, garnish with sour cream and serve. Makes 6 Servings