1 pound penne pasta
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 (14½ ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup chicken broth
1½ pounds asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
½ cup chopped fresh basil
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Cook the penne according to package directions; drain and keep warm in the pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, cook just until begins to turn golden.
3. Add the tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
5. Add the asparagus, cover and simmer until tender (about 5 minutes longer); pour over the penne.
6. Add the basil and parmesan cheese on top of the penne, toss to coat. Makes 4 servings.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.