1 pound penne pasta
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 (14½ ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup chicken broth
1½ pounds asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
½ cup chopped fresh basil
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Cook the penne according to package directions; drain and keep warm in the pot.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, cook just until begins to turn golden.
3. Add the tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
5. Add the asparagus, cover and simmer until tender (about 5 minutes longer); pour over the penne.
6. Add the basil and parmesan cheese on top of the penne, toss to coat. Makes 4 servings.